In This Section
Next Steps into Adulthood Workshop and Resource Fair
The transition from adolescence into adulthood can be an exciting, yet daunting time for young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families. Preparing for adulthood may involve entering a new environment, graduating from school, handling different social situations and responsibilities, and accepting changes in a comfortable routine.
CAR is presenting a day long workshop for individuals with autism and their families who are anticipating higher education and/or employment with minimal support. Presenters will share ideas, resources, and tools to help older teens and young adults with ASD find their path to a more independent adult life.
There will be two tracks: one for family members/providers & one for young adults with ASD.
- Young adults are welcome to come with a support person, as needed
- Presenters will include experts in autism including psychology, behavior, education, and social work.
- Young adults will participate in small-group discussions and activities related to navigating ASD as an adult.
- There will be a lunchtime resource fair with information from support organizations & service providers.
Cost: All prices include resources, continental breakfast, light lunch and beverages
- $20 for young adults, parents and caregivers - $5 additional for a TSS or other support person
- $45 for a family of three or more
- $35 for a professional without continuing education - $10 additional for participants requesting CEUs
*Price does not include parking, which is available in the visitor’s lot at a reduced rate.
**Please note: If you register but cannot attend, we can apply your payment to a future workshop.