HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
Join Team CHOP for Eagles Autism Challenge
Lincoln Financial Field
Team CHOP has served as one of the largest teams in the Eagles Autism Challenge, and in 2022, we need your help to break our records! The Eagles Autism Challenge is a cycling and 5k run/walk event where you participate alongside Philadelphia Eagles players, alumni, and coaches to raise funds for innovative autism research and care programs.
Event Date: Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Time: 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Location: Lincoln Financial Field (start and end)
All Members of CHOP Community, Family, and Friends Welcome!
Join Team CHOP, or create your own friends/family team. Sign up using promo code “CHOP2022” for complimentary registration. Please note, each participant is required to meet a fundraising minimum.
Each registration includes:
- Access to Friday Kick-Off Party and Saturday Finish Line Celebration on the field
- Free food and beverage on both days
- Race shirt or cycling jersey
- Finisher’s medal
- Complimentary gift bag
*Children ages 3 to 12 can participate in the 5K or Sensory Walk alongside a participating parent or legal guardian. The fee is $25 (children under 3 are free of charge) and includes a shirt, medal, admittance to the Friday Night Kick-Off Party and Saturday Finish Line Celebration. There is no fundraising minimum for this age group. Event day registration will NOT be available.
Every Dollar Brings Us Closer to the Next Breakthrough!
In its first four years, the Eagles Autism Challenge has raised over $12 million dollars — including more than $3 million for CHOP — to provide the necessary resources to doctors and scientists at leading institutions. Here are some examples of CHOP research grants supported by the Eagles Autism Challenge:
- Adaptive intervention approach for children with autism and disruptive behavior
- Biological mechanisms underlying comorbidity of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and epilepsy
- Biobehavioral markers of anxiety and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder in ASD
- A longitudinal MRI study of toddlers with simplex autism
- Computational analysis of interpersonal synchrony: A lens into the early emergence of autism
- Social neural markers as indicators of cognitive outcome in preschoolers with ASD
- Uncovering genetic networks in neocorticogenesis and their roles in ASD
- Identifying biobehavioral markers of atypical social-emotional reciprocity in ASD
- Precision cell-based therapy for seizure and autism in Dravet syndrome.
The Eagles Autism Challenge aims to inspire and engage the community, so together, we can provide much needed support to assist those currently affected by autism as well as future generations. If you can't attend May 21, please consider supporting Team CHOP with a donation.