HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
Schuylkill Avenue Research Building Construction Impacts
The Schuylkill Avenue Research Building (SARB), a new research tower, will be constructed over the next several years, with projected completion in 2025. The 14-story, 350,000 square foot building will be built immediately adjacent to the Roberts Center for Pediatric Research above the existing two-story podium. In order to accommodate this project, some changes in and around the Roberts Center will be made in the coming months:
- The South Street Garage entrance will be closed starting in January. The garage will remain open during construction and can be accessed at West Garage Entry via Schuylkill Ave.
- The Roberts Drive/Drop Off lane will be modified. Shuttle service will not be affected.
- Pedestrian access will be closed at the Shuttle Stairs and rerouted around Roberts. CHOP employees and guests can use the jump elevators to access the South Street plaza level.
- The sidewalk on Schuylkill Avenue adjacent to site will be closed and pedestrians will be redirected across the street.
- The existing bike racks on Schuylkill Avenue will be relocated to the South Street Plaza.
- Indigo Bikeshare will remain accessible.
Stay up to date by visiting Schuylkill Avenue Research Building @CHOP.