HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
The long-term goal of the Song Lab is to elucidate the cellular and molecular basis governing the formation, maintenance and function of neural circuits under physiological and pathological conditions, using both Drosophila and mammalian models.
With a background in neural development, neural circuits and behavior, fly and mouse genetics, and injury and tumor models, the lab offers a unique skillset and perspective for addressing physiological questions in developmental/functional neurobiology, neurological diseases, and tumorigenesis.
- Cross-species and multimodel analyses to map the gene circuits critical for maintaining nervous system function
- Identifying novel pathways regulating axon degeneration and regeneration
- Linking pathways regulating regeneration and neurodegenerative diseases
- An integrative and comparative strategy to study regeneration and tumorigenesis
- Drosophila models for human neurodevelopmental disorders