Chief, Division of Oncology at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Director, Center for Childhood Cancer Research at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
The Children's Hospital of Philadephia
3501 Civic Center Blvd
Philadelphia, PA, 19104
Centers of Emphasis: Childhood Cancer Research
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Cambridge MA B.S. (1981) Applied Biology
University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington CT M.D. (1985) Medicine
Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore MD (1985-1988) Intern/Resident, Pediatrics
Stanford University School of Medicine (1988-1991) Fellow, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Stanford University School of Medicine (1991-1994) Postdoctoral Scholar, Pathology
Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Hunger SP, Conter V, Raetz EA, Valsecchi MG, Henze G. Classification And Treatment Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. In Childhood Leukemia. Reaman GH and Smith FO, eds. Springer, 2010.
- Gore L and Hunger SP. Molecular oncology and translational therapy. In Cancer in Children and Adolescents. Carroll WL and Findlay JL, eds. Jones and Bartlett Publishers (Sudbury Mass), 2010.
- Brown P and Hunger SP: Acute leukemia in children. In: Conn's Current Therapy 2010. Bope ET Rakel RE and Kellerman RD, eds. Elsevier, 2009.
- Carroll WC, Raetz E, Loh M, Hunger S, Schultz K. Current biological basis for risk stratification in Children's Oncology Group (COG) acute lymphoblastic leukemia trials. Educational Book, International Society of Paediatric Oncology, 2006.
- Hunger SP: Why do some childhood ALLs relapse? Blood, 101: 3343, 2003.
- Hunger SP: Abnormal transcription factors produced by chromosome translocations in human cancer. In: Transcription Factors. Locker J, ed. BIOS Scientific Publishers Limited (Oxford), 2001.
- Hunger SP: Cytogenetic and molecular abnormalities in lymphoid malignancies. In: Textbook of Malignant Haematology. Degos L, Linch DC, and Lowenberg B, eds. Martin Dunitz Ltd (London), 1999.
- Hunger SP and Cleary, ML: PCR assessment of the efficacy of therapy in Philadelphia chromosome-positive leukemias. In: The Polymerase Chain Reaction. Mullis KB, Ferré F, and Gibbs RA, eds. Birkhäuser (Boston, MA), 1994.