CHOP - Colkett Translational Research Bldg. 34th & CIVIC CENTER BLVD. 11th FLOOR - PULMONARY
The research interests of Dr. Allen include lung function testing in children, adolescents and infants; developmental chest wall physiology; pulmonary complications of sickle cell disease; and complications of cystic fibrosis.
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1999– present)
- M.D., Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons Columbia Univ. (1978)
- B.A., Biology, Columbia College, Columbia University New York, New York (1974)
- Allen JL and Eber E.. CHOP Seminar in Salzburg: Pediatric Pulmonology/Asthma CD-ROM The American Austrian Foundation, 2013. America Austrian Foundation. American Austrian Foundation; 2013.
- Arkin, Lisa M. Flory, James H. Shin, Daniel B. Gelfand, Joel M. Treat, James R. Allen, Julian. Rubenstein, Ronald C. Yan, Albert C.. High prevalence of aquagenic wrinkling of the palms in patients with cystic fibrosis and association with measurable increases in transepidermal water loss.. Pediatric Dermatology. Vol 29(5) . 2012 Sep-Oct:560-6.
- Caboot, Jason B. Jawad, Abbas F. McDonough, Joseph M. Bowdre, Cheryl Y. Arens, Raanan. Marcus, Carole L. Mason, Thornton B A. Smith-Whitley, Kim. Ohene-Frempong, Kwaku. Allen, Julian L.. Non-invasive measurements of carboxyhemoglobin and methemoglobin in children with sickle cell disease.. Pediatric Pulmonology. Vol 47(8) . 2012 Aug:808-15.