Division of Emergency Medicine The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 34th & Civic Center Blvd.
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2006 – 2009)
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2006 – 2009)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1995 – 2006)
- Assistant Professor of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1996 – 1998)
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1997 – 2003)
- M.S.C.E., Master of Science in Clinical Epidemiology, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics University of Pennsylvania (1999)
- M.D., Thomas Jefferson University (1988)
- B.S., Biology (Summa Cum Laude), Marquette University (1984)
- Spandorfer, P.R., Alessandrini, E.A., Joffe, M., Localio, R., Shaw, K.. Oral vs. Intravenous Rehydration of Moderately Dehydrated Children: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Pediatrics. Vol 115(2) . 2005:295-301.
- Rubin, D.M., Pati, S., Luan, X., Alessandrini, E.A.. A sampling bias in identifying children in foster care using Medicaid data.. Ambulatory Pediatrics. Vol 5(3) . 2005:185-190.
- Friedlander, E.Y., Alpern, E.R., Mandell, D., Rubin, D.M., Christian, C., Alessandrini, E.A.. Patterns of health care use that may identify young children at risk for maltreatment.. Pediatrics. Vol 116. 2005 02:1303-1308.
- Gorelick, M.H., Alpern, E.R., Alessandrini, E.A.. A system for grouping presenting complaints: The Pediatric Emergency Reason for Visit Clusters (PERC).. Academic Emergency Medicine. Vol 12(8). 2005 March:723-731.
- Jacobstein, C.R., Alessandrini, E.A., Lavelle, J.M., Shaw, K.N.. Risk factors for unscheduled revisits to a pediatric emergency department.. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2005 April.
- Alessandrini, E.A., Lavelle, J.M., Grenfell, S.M., Jacobstein, C.M., Shaw, K.N.. Return Visits to a Pediatric Emergency Department. Pediatric Emergency Care. Vol 20(3) . 2004:166-171.
- Rubin, D.M., Alessandrini, E.A., Feudtner, C., Mandell, D., Localio, A.R., Hadley, T.. Placement stability and mental health costs for children in foster care.. Pediatrics. Vol 113(5) . 2004:1336-1341.
- Rubin, D.M., Alessandrini, E.A., Feudtner, C., Localio, A.R.. Placement Changes and Emergency Department Visits in the First Year of Foster Care.. Pediatrics. Vol 114. 2004:e354-e360.
- Pati, S., Keren, R., Alessandrini, E.A., Schwarz, D.F.. Generational Differences in Public Spending, 1980-2000.. Health Affairs. Vol 23(5) . 2004:131-142.
- Friedlander, E.Y., Alessandrini, E.A.. Providing optimal emergency care for medically underserved children.. Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Vol 5(2) . 2004:109-119.