HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
Flow Cytometry Tools and Fees
Researchers without prior flow cytometry experience are encouraged to follow the links below for brief video presentations that explain the principles that govern the detection of fluorescent signals, the anatomy of a flow cytometer and the basics of flow cytometry analysis.
- Molecular Probes tutorial series — Anatomy of fluorescence spectra
- Molecular Probes tutorial series — Introduction to fluorescence
- Molecular Probes tutorial series — Overview of filters and light sources
- Molecular Probes tutorial series — Introduction to flow cytometry
- Molecular Probes tutorial series — Analyzing flow cytometry data
- Guidelines for Planning a Cell Sorting Experiment
- Principles of Fluorochrome Selection for Polychromatic Flow Cytometry
- Fluorophore Brightness:
- Cell cycle analysis:
- Considerations on the effect of fixatives and cell permeabilization reagents on antibody binding to cells:
- Fluorescence Spectra Analyzer (Biolegend)
- Fluorescence Spectrum Viewer (BD)
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer from ThermoFisher
- FPbase - a free and open-source, community-editable database for fluorescent proteins. FPbase includes spectral data on non-protein fluorchromes as well.
- Cytek Full Spectrum Viewer
Don't see what you need? Visit our getting started page for some of our frequently asked questions.
Acknowledging the Flow Core Lab
Please acknowledge our lab in your publications! We have no standard format for acknowledging the lab; simply mention under Materials and Methods or in the Acknowledgements section of your paper that you used equipment or had cells sorted in the Flow Cytometry Core Laboratory at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute.