HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
CHPS Nutrition Assessment Unit
The Center for Human Phenomic Science (CHPS) Nutrition Assessment Unit is a state-of-the-art facility for the assessment of growth and body dimensions, body composition (i.e., the amount of muscle, fat, and bone in the body), energy expenditure, bone density, and muscle strength. The Core provides consultation and technical expertise for these assessments. The unit, called the Nutrition and Growth Lab (NGL), has three experienced research technicians, including one with International Society for Clinical Densitometry certification, performing nutrition assessments.
Considering collaborating with the CHPS Nutrition Unit for your study?
- Investigators are strongly encouraged to discuss their proposed project with the Core Director prior to submitting a proposal to CHPS.
- Official requests for CHPS Cores are submitted through eResearch with the eCHPS application.
- Studies must receive both IRB and CHPS approval before Core services can be utilized.
- All studies must be fully signed-off and in the status of released/open to accrual in OnCore before registering or scheduling subjects for CHPS visits.
- A start-up with the Core is required before any study participants can be seen.
Reach out with your study protocol to:
- Babette Zemel, PhD, Core Director, to provide guidance during the protocol development phase as to the particular tests available to best support the goals of the project
- Eileen Ford, MS, RDN, Administrative Manager, to discuss services, training and scheduling
- John Krall, CHPS, Administrative Director, for pricing and budget information.