HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
Clarifying Guidelines for Onboarding NTP During Ramp-Up of Research
Updated Sept. 22, 2021
The onboarding of all Research High School Scholars and Cooperative students resumed May 1, 2020, at CHOP for both on site and remote research activities.
See the attached PDF of the Clarifying Guidelines for Onboarding Non-Traditional Personnel (NTP) During Ramp-Up of Research, specifically section VI. In summary:
- The onboarding of Research High School Scholars and Cooperative students may resume ON-SITE or VIRTUALLY.
- Safety measures as summarized in the CHOP Guiding Principles of Wet Lab Research Ramp-up, Stage 4: Safe, Gradual, Flexible, Nested also apply to Research High School Scholars and Cooperative students.
- All on-site work performed by Research High School Scholars and Cooperative students should adhere to current masking guidelines.
- Any limits to the percent of research personnel allowed in the lab or research setting also applies to the Research High School Scholars and Cooperative students. For example, at the 75 percent stage – If 10 lab members (including the PI) plus two students represent the lab members, only nine members can be in the lab or research setting at one time.
- Research High School Scholars and Cooperative students who are ill or think they are ill should stay home, consult their physician, and call the CHOP COVID-19 hotline: 1-800-722-7112.
An Important Note - Mandatory Vaccination:
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia requires all workforce members who work on any CHOP campus for any amount of time to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and be fully vaccinated by Oct. 20, 2021. The term workforce broadly includes employees, physicians, contractors, vendors, non-traditional personnel, students, and volunteers. See more information on the SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Program for Workforce.
If you are receiving the vaccine outside of CHOP, you must upload your documentation once you’ve received both doses (for Pfizer and Moderna) or one dose (for Johnson and Johnson) by Oct. 20, 2021. Be sure to submit your proof of vaccine!
Please direct questions about this updated guidance document to lewism8 [at] chop.edu (Michelle Lewis)title="Contact Michelle Lewis". For inquiries about how to register and onboard NTPs, or about the NTP Office standard operating procedures and/or policy guidance, please review the "Additional Information" section of the Clarifying Guidelines for Onboarding Non-Traditional Personnel (NTP) During Ramp-Up of Research document, or contact GAMMONK [at] CHOP.EDU (subject: NTP%20inquiry) (Kaila Gammon)title="Contact Kalia Gammon" or researchntp [at] chop.edutitle="Contact Research NTP Office".