The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Division of General Pediatrics 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1986 – 1989)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1989 – 1993)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1993 – 2001)
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1997 – 2000)
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2001– present)
- M.D., University of Maryland School of Medicine (1980)
- B.A., The Johns Hopkins University (1976)
- Alpern ER, Alessandrini EA, Bell LM, Shaw KN, McGowan KL. Occult Bacteremia from a Pediatric Emergency Department: Current Prevalence, Time to Detection, and Outcome. Pediatrics. Vol 106. 2000:505-511.
- MaCartney KK, Gorelick MH, Manning ML, Hodinka RL, Bell LM. Nosocomial Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infections: The Cost-Effectiveness and Cost-Benefit of Infection Control for Nosocomial RSV Infections. Pediatrics. Vol 106. 2000:520-526.
- Sebert ME, Manning ML, McGowan KL, Alpern ER, Bell LM. An outbreak of Serratia marcescens bacteremia after general anesthesia. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. Vol 23. 2002:733-739.
- Baldwin CD, Szilagyi PG, Dreyer BP, Bell LM, Baker RC, Cheng TL, Coury DL, DeWitt TG, Darden PM, Duggan A, Ludwig S. Strengthening the Academic Base of General Pediatrics Fellowship Programs: A National Program and Curriculum Development Project.. Ambulatory Pediatr. Vol 7. 2007:340-47.
- Grundmeier RW, Swietlik M, Bell LM.. Research Subject Enrollment by Primary Care Pediatricians Using an Electronic Health Record. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. Vol 11. 2007 October:289-93.
- Smith MJ, Bell LM, Rubin D. Media Coverage of the MMR- Autism Controversy and its Relationship to MMR Immunization Rates in the United States.. Pediatrics. Vol 121. 2008:e836-e843.
- Fiks A, Alessandrini E, Bell LM, Grundmeier R, Luberti A, Localio R.. Impact of Electronic Health Record-Based Primary Care Clinical Alerts on Influenza Vaccination for Children and Adolescents With Asthma: A Cluster-Randomized Trial.. Pediatrics. Vol 124. 2009:159-169.
- Bell LM, Grundmeier R, Localio R, Zorc J, Fiks A, Zhang X, Guevara J, Bryant-Stephens T, Swietlik M.. Electronic Health Record Based Decision Support to Improve Asthma Care: A Cluster Randomized Trial.. Pediatrics. Vol 125. 2010:e770-e777.
- Zaoutis TE, Prasad PA, Localio AR, Coffin SE, Bell LM, Walsh TJ, Gross R.. Risk factors and predictors for condemia in pediatric intensive care unit patients: implication for prevention.. Clin Infect Dis. Vol 51(5) . 2010:e38-45.
- Shah SS, Dugan MH, Bell LM, Grundmeier RW, Florin TA, Hines EM, Metlay JP.. Blood Cultures in the Emergency Department Evaluation of Childhood Pneumonia.. Pediatr Infect Dis J. Vol 30(6) . 2011:475-479.