CHOP - Colkett Translational Research Bldg. 34th & CIVIC CENTER BLVD. 11th FLOOR - PULMONARY
The research interests of Dr. Allen include lung function testing in children, adolescents and infants; developmental chest wall physiology; pulmonary complications of sickle cell disease; and complications of cystic fibrosis.
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1999– present)
- M.D., Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons Columbia Univ. (1978)
- B.A., Biology, Columbia College, Columbia University New York, New York (1974)
- Allen JL and Eber E.. CHOP Seminar in Salzburg: Pediatric Pulmonology/Asthma CD-ROM The American Austrian Foundation, 2013. America Austrian Foundation. American Austrian Foundation; 2013.
- Ong B, Jawad A, Arens R, Marcus C, Mason T, Smith-Whitley K, Jackson T, Ohene-Frempong K and Allen JL.. Respiratory muscle strength in sickle cell disease. ? 2012 Andrew Margeileth Award. (in press, British Journal of Haematology). 2013.
- Sawicki G and Allen J. (Non-) Adherence to inhaled corticosteroids in patients with asthma: clues from health services research. Who?s kidding whom?. Annals of the American Thoracic Society (in press). 2013.
- Ong BA Li J, McDonough JM, Wei Z, Kim C, Chiavacci R, Mentch F, Caboot JB, Spergel J, Allen JL, Sleiman PMA, Hakonarson H.. Gene Network Analysis in a Pediatric Cohort Identifies Novel Lung Function Genes. PLOS One (in press). 2013.
- Arkin, Lisa M. Flory, James H. Shin, Daniel B. Gelfand, Joel M. Treat, James R. Allen, Julian. Rubenstein, Ronald C. Yan, Albert C.. High prevalence of aquagenic wrinkling of the palms in patients with cystic fibrosis and association with measurable increases in transepidermal water loss.. Pediatric Dermatology. Vol 29(5) . 2012 Sep-Oct:560-6.
- Caboot, Jason B. Jawad, Abbas F. McDonough, Joseph M. Bowdre, Cheryl Y. Arens, Raanan. Marcus, Carole L. Mason, Thornton B A. Smith-Whitley, Kim. Ohene-Frempong, Kwaku. Allen, Julian L.. Non-invasive measurements of carboxyhemoglobin and methemoglobin in children with sickle cell disease.. Pediatric Pulmonology. Vol 47(8) . 2012 Aug:808-15.
- Strauss, Temima. Sin, Sanghun. Marcus, Carole L. Mason, Thornton B A. McDonough, Joseph M. Allen, Julian L. Caboot, Jason B. Bowdre, Cheryl Y. Jawad, Abbas F. Smith-Whitley, Kim. Ohene-Frempong, Kwaku. Pack, Allan I. Arens, Raanan.. Upper airway lymphoid tissue size in children with sickle cell disease.. Chest. Vol 142(1) . 2012 Jul:94-100.
- Arkin LM, Flory JH, Gelfand JM, Treat JR, Allen J, Rubenstein RC, and Yan AC.. Aquagenic Wrinkling of the Palms: A Cutaneous Hallmark of Cystic Fibrosis.. Pediatric Dermatology. (in press) 2012 Apr 4. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1470.2011.01708.x. [Epub ahead of print]. 2012.
- Rosenfeld M, J Allen, B Arets, P Aurora, S Davis, GL Hall, S Raganathan, J Stocks, R Tepper, D Vilozni, et. al.. ?An Official American Thoracic Society Workshop Report: Optimal Lung Functions Tests for Monitoring Cystic Fibrosis, Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia and Recurrent Wheezing in Children < 6 Years of Age.?. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012. In Press.. 2012.
- Rogers, Valerie E. Marcus, Carole L. Jawad, Abbas F. Smith-Whitley, Kim. Ohene-Frempong, Kwaku. Bowdre, Cheryl. Allen, Julian. Arens, Raanan. Mason, Thornton B A.. Periodic limb movements and disrupted sleep in children with sickle cell disease.. Sleep. Vol 34(7) . 2011 Jul:899-908.